Sunday, October 30, 2016

Saturday
A. Back Rack Reverse Lunges, 5 x 8/leg (all 8 on one side then 8 on the other, rest as needed **use BFR if possible
B. Deficit HSPU’s on paralletes @ 30X1, 5 x 6-8, rest as needed **add deficit as possible **adjust height so you can go unbroken
+
3 rounds for time:
Bike 30 Cals
25 Wallballs, 20#
15 Toes to Bar

DNF

Lapikov seminar started at 8 am and went to 6 pm. Very very interesting how different the Russians lift from what I've been taught. They use a lot more trap and quads than I normally use and emphasize the jump much more than I do. He was an excellent instructor taking time to do 1 on 1 coaching with every athlete for every drill. Basically he told me in particular that my shoulders are way too tight and I keep them too tense when I lift. Also that I tend to want to lift with my back more than my legs. Oh an my thoracic flexibility needs to be worked on 🙄  

He did say my split jerk was excellent, but I need to work on generating more power at the top of my clean and snatch. He switched my starting position a tad too. I THREW 220 over my head 2 times and lost it behind me. I was in shock at how high I got that weight. I'm close. Cleans felt ok. No pain in my wrist all day which was great! But mostly he told me I need stronger traps and more powerful legs to get 275 high enough to get under it. He recommended lots of jumping exercises and jumping squats. Along with a lot of shoulder mobility work

By the end of the day tho my CNS was trashed. I was literally shaking just standing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment