Sunday, October 12, 2014

saturday October 11th

Oktoberfest Obliteration V Team competition.

teams of 4

WOD 1

AMRAP 15
one member at a time per station

15 cal Airdyne
12 pull ups
9 back squats (185#)

we had a malfunction with the bike about halfway thru the second round so we ended up only having about 13 minutes of the AMRAP.
the 15 calls were by far the worst part of the whole thing for me (and everyone else).

Round 1: not a big deal kept it fast but not a full sprint. pull ups were easy, squats were easy.
Round 2: AD was rough... could feel my legs sweeping around 10 calls in. pull ups were easy, squats felt fine even tho legs were still hurting from the AD.
Round 3: AD was a struggle. legs burned and felt weak, tried using my arms which made me want to puke lol! pull ups again were not an issue. No squats.

WOD 2
with one female partner

50-100-150m shuttle run
50 meter sprint with rope lead
50 m sled pull hand over hand (155#)
40 pushups (shared)
50 meter sprint with rope lead
50 m sled pull hand over hand (120#)
50 pushups (shared)
50 meter sprint with rope lead
50 m sled pull hand over hand (75#)
60 pushups (shared)

funnest of all the woods for me tho i made a costly mistake pacing our shuttle run too much.
smoked the sled pulls in the mud, and destroyed the push ups. had a blast

WOD 3
350m sandbag run (100#) partner 1
split 100 box jumps with partner
350m sandbag run (100#) partner 2 (me)
split 100 KBS 79#

did well enough on the box jumps, but the sand bag run on soft sand was awful... really slowed me down and had a really hard time breathing towards the end of the run... immediately had to turn around and start on the KBS and that was one of the most painful experiences i've had to face... lower back was so tight i had shooting pain down my right leg thru the night, and just could not get my breathing under control to get thru big sets. I was doing like 5 or sometimes even just 2 at a time. by far my worst performance at any comp so far.

time to regroup and reassess and make serious improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment