Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday
A. Front Squat @ 30X1, 1RM
B. Front Squat @ 30X1, 1 x max reps @ 85% **keep tempo
C1. Strict Press, 1RM
C2. Wtd Pull Up @ 30X1, 1RM

Got some sort of stomach bug last night and most of the day today. Only ate a small lunch before attempting the lifts. Definitely had an impact on my performance. 

A) 285x 1
Went straight for 300 and couldn't get past the sticking point. 

B) 6 reps sticking to the tempo all the way... Had someone count out the tempo as I squatted... Almost finished the 7th rep but started to blackout... Decided to bail.

C) 155x1 
Somewhat disappointed here, I hit 155x3 2 weeks ago. 165 was close, Right arm was going strong, but left arm could not get past the sticking point. 

D) 70# vest.
I have a 2nd degree burn on my back exactly where the weight belt would sit, had to use a vest, not usually my first choice. 


Very close to having 80#, just barely could not get my chin over. 


1 comment: