Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday- Mvt warm up (glutes) + Position Snatch + Snatch/MU Density + SL/Pull Density
3 sets not for time:
20 Lateral Crossover Box Step Ups
5 KB Windmill each arm
10 Banded OHS
+
A. 2 Snatch Pulls + Squat Snatch, build to tough set in 12 min **not TnG on ground, 3 sec pause in catch of snatch
B1. Snatch, 8 x 3 TnG @ 60%, rest 45 sec
B2. Muscle Ups, 8 x 3, rest 45 sec
+
16 min EMOM
1st- 10 Jerk Grip Overhead Walking Lunges, 115#
2nd- 6-8 CTB Pull Ups

"Warm up" done, felt the crossover step ups and windmills activating muscles I don't typically pay attention to.

A. Worked up to 175
B1. Snatches at 130
B2. MUs

Done. Snatches got a little ugly towards the end. Right shoulder likes to internally rotate at the catch and left should likes to shoot forward so I end up rotating a little.
To my surprise I got all the MUs done.

EMOM kicked my butt.

Grinded thru the first 6 rounds. On round 7 I only got 4 steps in bar just kept crashing forward on me. Then finished the 8 th round.

CTB all sets of 6, only did butterfly on first 2 rounds. Regular kip the other 6. Just wasn't quite getting up to the bar with the butterflies.

Next day, my left shoulder is on fire and my right hip flexors are so tight they hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment